What is the "Honor Flight Fifty?"

First of all, thank you very much for stopping by! I'm training for and running the Fall 50 (yes, that's 50 miles) this year as a fundraising effort for the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight. I'm going to train all summer to run 50 miles on October 22nd to help raise money for an absolutely crucial mission.
The Honor Flight's Mission is to fly WWII veterans and terminally ill veterans from other wars to see their memorials in Washington, DC. They also work closely with schools throughout Wisconsin to ensure that the heroic stories of our veterans are built into the curriculum so that future generations will fully appreciate the sacrifices made on their behalf.
Time is of the Essence! As the last of the Greatest Generation approach their final curtain call, we are witnesses to a tremendous loss as we embrace a precious opportunity! They will die - 900 heroes - men and women who defined dignity, pass from us each and every day. 900 heroes, every day. They take their stories and history and enormous bravery with them. But many are still among us, and while there is no earthly way we can approach a gift that reflects our depth of gratitude, we can thank them anyway.
By supporting the Honor Flight Fifty, you'll help the Honor Flight Fly! 100% of donations will go to the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight.
- Nic Giebler




Site Map

Please see the left and right sidebars for more information, or continue to scroll down to follow my blog of training and preparation!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Honor Flight Fifty, Signing Off...

Well, the last couple weeks has been occupied with a lot of catch-up work at the office (apparently I was...um, 'distracted' and left a lot of stuff unfinished while getting ready for the 50 miler) and a dramatic fall-off in my normal eating and drinking routine. That, and I've run all of 3 times since then.

I'll start posting once again on the old site (www.left-right-repeat.blogspot.com) pretty soon here. All of the winter running gear has come out of storage, and I've purchased a 20 lb weight vest to play around with during the "off season."

Feel free to follow along at the new/old website, as I get ready for:
1. fatherhood again (Due January 6th, unknown gender--I think it's a boy and it's coming early. Perhaps December 30th, which is my birthday, and would get me out of having to run 31 miles this year to celebrate?)

2. The Ice Age 50k (or 50 mile)...hopefully, pending #1. From what I've been told, the second baby changes things a bit.



Thanks again for all the support, and I'll see you soon!

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment